It has been long that any news has come up from BlackBerry. BlackBerry has shut down its hardware business. However, with the launch of the first-ever dual-SIM smartphone “BlackBerry Aurora”; the company has made its striking comeback. The company has joined hands with TCL as the official hardware maker. BlackBerry had also recently launched the KEYOne (also referred to as Mercury).
The company launched BlackBerry Aurora yesterday in Indonesia. The smartphone comes from BB Merah Putih. It holds the license for manufacturing, marketing, and the selling of the smartphones of the BlackBerry brand in Indonesia.
Some of the features of the BlackBerry Aurora include:
- The smartphone is not very high-tech. The Snapdragon 425 SoC powers it.
- The memory is of 4 GB RAM along with the internal storage of 32 GB.
- Aurora displays a 5.5-inch 720-pixels touchscreen.
- As per the camera specifications, Aurora features a 13-megapixel camera on the rear end and 8-megapixel camera on the selfie or front end.
- The dimensions of the smartphone model are around 152mm X 6.8mm X 8.5mm. The overall weight of the unit is 178 gm.
- The battery backup is good as the smartphone offers around 3,000 mAh battery power.
- The phone is supported by the Android 7.0 Nougat Operating System.
- The customers are provided with exciting color options like silver, gold, and black.
Vice President of BB Merah Putih, Stanly Widjaja, said that the BlackBerry Aurora model is not just the first-ever BlackBerry phone to be manufactured in Indonesia. However, BlackBerry Aurora will be the first of its kind to have a dual SIM support.
The pricing of the BlackBerry Aurora was estimated to be around IDR 3,499,000 ($260) that can round up to 18,000 INR. The smartphone model is available on a pre-order basis on various e-commerce sites in Indonesia for now.