CES 2017 (Consumer Electronics Show) that is going to take place in Las Vegas has almost arrived. Every electronics manufacturer is getting ready to introduce a new line of gadgets during the event. Every year new smartphones, TVs, Laptops, Monitors and other devices find their space in CES.
The American multinational company Dell has introduced some amazing devices during CES in the past. Just ahead of this year’s show, the company has announced one laptop along with a monitor. The new hybrid laptop falls under XPS series which is quite famous among the users. Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 will be available from January 5th, 2017 in the American market. The MRP of the laptop is USD 999.99 which roughly makes Rs.68100/-. Apart from that, Dell has also introduced Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor which will be available in the market from 23rd March 2017. The price of the monitor is USD 699.99 which roughly makes Rs.47000/-
Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor
First, let’s talk about the monitor. The Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor codename S2718D comes with a 27-inch QHD display with 60Hz refresh rate. The maximum screen resolution is 2560 x 1440 pixels. The company is touting that it has 178-degree viewing angle that means you will see true colors no matter in which corner of the room you sit in. It comes with 99 percent sRGB Gamut.
Apart from that it also offers a brightness of 400 nits. For connectivity, it comes with HDMI 2.0 port and an audio line-out. For power in it has USB Type-C port. The user can also opt for an HDR-ready version of the monitor.
Dell XPS 13 2-in-1
Coming to the laptop, it comes in an aluminum body with palm rest made of carbon fiber. The display has Corning Gorilla Glass NBT protection. The display is compatible with Dell Active Pen Stylus, but it is not included in the package. The following are the specifications of the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1:
- It comes in two different display options. The first one is 13.3-inch full HD display with screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The second one is UltraSharp Quad-HD+ display with screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 pixels.
- The user also has an option in terms of processor. They can choose a seventh generation Intel Core i5-7Y54 processor (up to 3.2GHz) or an Intel Core i7-7Y75 processor (up to 3.6GHz). Both variants have Intel HD Graphics 615 built-in.
- In terms of RAM, the base model has 4GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 RAM, but you can choose to get 8 GB or 16 GB RAM.
- Similarly, there are options in terms of storage capacity as well. The user can choose 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB SATA SSD.
- For connectivity, it has Thunderbolt 3 port, a DisplayPort, USB Type-C 3.1, microSD card reader, and a headset jack.
- For wireless connectivity, it has Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Miracast, and Intel Smart Connect technology.
- The dimensions of the laptop are 304x199x13.7mm, and it weighs 1.24kg. It packs two Waves MaxxAudio Pro tuned speakers for better sound quality. Other than that it has an infrared webcam and a fingerprint reader for quicker access to the laptop.