Nowadays send and request money through the mobile app is becoming popular. There are many online wallets available in the market like Paytm, FreeCharge, Mobikwik, Airtel Money, etc. These all are providing best and easy services to the customers. Recently Google has taken a step ahead and launched a new way to send money from within your mobile app. Google Wallet was available for the user since long. Now, you can easily split your bill for dinner and can remind your friends to pay dinner bill.
If we recall, in March month Gmail has received several updates. Before the month end, Google has announced this new update for its email application. This update is available for Android users only. It is a very interesting feature and will provide the ability to send and request money. If you have Gmail app on your Android phone, download this update now and enjoy safe and secure online transfer. This feature is very easy to use just like we share photos and files.
How to Send or Request Money in Gmail App
The functions are very user-friendly and easy to use. Follow below steps
- Firstly open the Gmail App and click on the compose button. You can find this button in the bottom right corner.
- Now click on the paperclip button in the top right corner.
- Once you click on Paperclip button, you will get a drop down menu. Choose your option: send or request money.
- Enter the amount and click tab to continue.
- If you have a verified payment method added in your Google Wallet account then you can progress to next step. If you don’t have the account set up, then the app will ask to add a debit/credit card. You can link your account with Google Wallet quickly.
- You can simply add a note for what the payment is for, such as petrol, Pizza party or tea.
- Click to attach money.
It’s a more like an attachment; you can attach the receipt, subject and write the message in the email body. The person whom you are sending the money not needed to be a Gmail user or should have a Google Wallet account. Money sent to Gmail address will deposit into Wallet account. If you don’t have Gmail account, the money will transfer directly to your bank account. Both parties will receive an email confirmation from Google Wallet which contains the amount payment method. You will also receive receipt memo and the transaction ID. Google is offering this service free of cost.