Google Play store, the one stop shop has successfully completed its five years. In these 5 years, we have gained a lot from the Google play. It was in March 2012 when Google Play Store was launched. And they have now grown into a big digital store to have more than 1 billion active users in around 190 countries. The store was previously named as Android market. And later on, Google converted it into Google Play Store.
Google play has become an important platform consisting numerous stuff. It has around millions of apps, 40 million songs, 5 million books, countless movies and much more in the store. All the android devices starting from Smartphone, tablet, phablet, Android watch, VR headset can make use of the Play store to get the needed apps. However, this platform is not just helpful for the Android users. Rather developers too are using this platform widely to build their strong audience base.
On the occasion of 5 years celebration Google has decided to reveal the top 5 lists in all categories. But the listing does not include any pre-installed apps; all are only downloaded.
List of Top 5
- Top 5 Installed games– Cady Crush Saga, Subway Surf, Temple Run 2, Despicable Me and Clash Of Clans.
- Top 5 installed apps– Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Pandora Radio, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Top 5 Selling movies– The Interview, Frozen, Deadpool, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Guardian of the Galaxy.
- Top 5 Selling books– Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James, The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins, A Game of Thrones, he Fault in Our Stars and Gone Girl.
- Top 5 Selling Albums– Adele-25, Eminem -The Marshall Mathers LP2, Taylor Swift – 1989, Drake- If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late and Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp A Butterfly.
- Top 5 Selling songs– Ed Sheeran -Thinking Out Loud, Lorde -Royals, Taylor Swift -Blank Space, Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk and Pharrell Williams -Happy.