Meizu M5s is finally launched in China today in an event held in Beijing. Meizu, the Chinese smartphone company, was about to launch it a few weeks back but kept on skipping the release for several reasons. However, finally, the announcement is been made today by the company itself. The new entry level device M5s is the successor of M5 and will be available in two variants mainly, 16GB and 32GB. While M5 was launched in October last year in China, the company took just another 4 months to come out with its successor M5s. The device will go on sale in China from February 20th.
M5s even though carry the similar design of Meizu M5 Note but major improvements are noticed in several areas. The first noticeable change is the all metal body. While the predecessor had a plastic body, Meizu has opted to replace it with all metal look. It no doubts made the look amazing. Another interesting feature is the support for fast charging. Fast charging facility with 18W power adapter will charge up the phone from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes. The other features and specification of Meizu M5s are listed below.
Features and specifications:
- The device will be wrapped with a 5.2 inch IPS HD display with 1280 x 720 resolutions. On top, there is a 2.5D glass laid on.
- 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 octa-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz is responsible for offering a great performance. With this, the Mali-T720 GPU will ensure smooth performance while playing any kind of game in the device.
- M5s will be coupled with 3GB LPDDR3 RAM. Coming to the internal storage, there will be two variants, 16GB and 32GB. The storage can be extended further up to 128 GB through MicroSD card.
- The recent Smartphone will run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- 13MP rear camera with features like PDAF, 5P lens, dual color LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture will allow capturing high-quality images. For selfies and video calling the 5MP front camera will do the trick.
- The 3000 mAH battery is non-removable that supports fast charging facility.
- It includes numerous connectivity options starting from Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE 4G, VoLTE, GPS, A-GPS, 3.5mm Audio Port, a MicroUSB 2.0 port etc.
- The sensors include gyroscope, accelerometer, ambient light sensor and Infrared.
So, these are the specifications of Meizu M5s which indicates the device is well capable of accomplishing all kind of tasks hassle free.
Also, there is an oval shaped physical home button on the device. It supports various kinds of gestures. The company also claims that the mTouch technology will allow users to unlock the device in less than 0.2 seconds.
Coming to the price section, the 16GB variant is priced at CNY 799 while the 32GB one has a price tag of CNY 999. Meizu M5s will be available in various color options, and these include Rose Gold, Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, and Star Grey. As of now, this smartphone is exclusive in China market, and any news about its availability in other market is not confirmed.