The South Korean giant Samsung is continuously coming out with their new creation to stay highly active in the race. After numerous leaks surfacing almost each day about the flagship Galaxy S8, now the company has stated officially about their next generation high-end processor. The company just announced their latest premium processor Exynos 9 Series 8895. This is the first processor from Samsung built using the 10nm FinFET process technology. Samsung is reported to include this processor in their high-end devices coming later this year. The Exynos 9 Series 8895 is an Octa-core processor which is claimed to offer higher performance at the cost of lesser power.
The latest processor from Samsung is very identical to that of the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835. As per the company claim, this octa-core processor is made to offer 27% higher performance than the chipset that uses 14nm process. Also, it consumes almost 40% lesser power at the same time.
More details about the feature of this high-end processor are explained below.
Exynos 9 Series 8895 Features:
- The Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor comprises of four Cortex A-53 cores. Along with these, it also comprises of second-generation custom designed CPU cores from Samsung. These custom CPU cores ensure higher performance along with power efficiency.
- The latest processor from Samsung wraps heterogeneous system architecture along with SCI (Samsung Coherent Interconnect) technology. This ensures the fastest computing for some applications such as deep learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- The latest processor integrates Mali-G71 GPU which offers great multimedia and gaming performance. Also, the latency is minimized to a great extent when it comes to 4K UHD VR and gaming. 3D graphic performance, MFC, etc. will be well enjoyed through this GPU.
- The processor supports the display with resolutions up to WQUXGA (3840 x 2400) or 4K UHD (4096 x 2160).
- This processor also supports video processing or playback at a resolution of 4K UHD at 120fps.
- Samsung has claimed that this processor is first to embed gigabit LTE modem which supports aka 5CA or five carrier aggregation. This will offer download speed of up to 1gbps while the upload speed will be around 150 Mbps.
- The processor is made to support up to the 28MP camera with dual sensors for front and rear cameras.
- A separate processing unit is being attached to this processor that ensures added security. This unit comes to help the iris scanner, fingerprint scanner along with embedded Vision Processing Unit (VPU). The iris or fingerprint recognition offers enhanced security for mobile payments. And the VPU identifies and analyzes items, movements for improved video tracking, machine vision technology, and panoramic image processing.
So, these features ensure that the latest processor from Samsung is designed to offer users the utmost advantages.
It is expected that the upcoming flagship devices Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be powered by this Exynos 9 Series 8895 Octa core processor. According to the company, the processor is in mass production already, so get ready to have the real flavor of it. Also not just the Smartphone rather VR handset and other devices too will be backed by this processor.