Tag Heuer, the Swiss watch giant, promised to bring their second Android powered Smartwatch by the end of 2016 or early of 2017. However, later on, it was rumored the Smartwatch will arrive by May of 2016. But the new rumor suggests that the latest Smartwatch will get launched on March 14th. Named as Tag Heuer Connected Modular, the second generation watch from the company will arrive with Android Wear 2.0 out of the box. This will no doubt keep the watch well ahead in the Smartwatch industry.
This latest smartwatch is expected to arrive loaded with tons of improved features and specification compared to its predecessor. But the main feature that will definitely set it apart from other wearable is the swappable watchcase. This feature will let users change the watch body with a different one. And this has made the company to add that ‘Modular’ part in its name. This swappable feature is no doubt a very traditional movement that will be loved by most of the users.
Features of Tag Heuer Connected Modular:
- This is the latest smartwatch from Tag Heuer that will be available with Android Wear 2.0 out of the box.
- The swappable watch case is another important feature. A custom automatic watch head module will allow users to easily switch between a digital and a more standard automatic movement.
- This hybrid smartwatch is also said to come along with customizable straps, clasps, and lugs. However, those changeable straps will mostly be available as add-on accessory.
- The smartwatch will be available in two variants. A smaller size will be aimed at women. The watch will be available in numerous colors and finishes.
- The inclusion of Payment option is another feature that will allow users to purchase things using their Smartwatch.
- With all these, the inbuilt GPS can be expected as well in the latest smartwatch. The GPS will allow users to track location within a radius of 1 meter.
Under the hood, it is assumed that Tag Heuer will incorporate Intel Soc. The Swiss watch company made a licensing deal with Intel in December last year. This strongly indicates that their latest watch will be backed by Intel processor only.
As far as price is concerned, nothing is confirmed by the company yet. But looking at the high-end features, we can assume the price tag to be bit high.
This Swiss watch giant launched their first Android-powered smartwatch in 2015 and witnessed great success. And this, of course, made them come with the second generation Android Smartwatch. The company planned to sell around 20,000 units of their first watch Tag Heuer Connected. But, the sale showed a real growth, and they were able to sell more than 50,000 units. It was priced at $1500. The successor of it will carry a better design, display, and battery. This is another point to enhance its popularity. The Tag Heuer Connected modular is still being developed in Switzerland. However, wait for few more days, and the company will reveal everything officially.