Xiaomi launched their first own developed processor Surge S1 chipset just a few days back. The launched also accompanied the launch of another handset Mi 5C. This is the successor of Mi 5 released during the last MWC event. And the good news is this device will go on sale starting today in China. Mi5c is a mid range Smartphone powered with that Surge S1 chipset. So, Xiaomi became the fourth company to come out with Smartphone equipped with an own developed processor.
The year 2016 was actually not very good for Xiaomi. And this made them think something different. So, the company decided to bring a mid-range Smartphone with their own developed Surge S1 processor. More on the Smartphone and its processor are explained below.
Mi 5C Smartphone
- The device is equipped with a 5.15-inch excellent display.
- Under the hood, the phone is powered with S1 processor along with 3GB RAM and 64 GB storage.
- The fingerprint is located at the physical home button. It will offer added security.
- As far as the camera is concerned, the rear camera is 12 MP that allows capturing high-quality images.
- 2860 mAH battery give power to MI 5c.
This latest inception from Xiaomi is priced at 1499 Yuan ($220). So, those planned to acquire this Mi 5C can get their hand on the device in just a few more hours.
Surge S1 processor
The first processor from Xiaomi is designed to offer excellence performance at less energy. It is an Octa-core 64-bit processor that will run at 2.2 GHz. The inclusion of quad-core GPU made the processor around 40% more power efficient. Also, other added advantages of the new chipset are improved call quality, better image quality, enhanced light sensitivity and better low light scene shooting. The development of this chipset took around 28 months as per the company. They have started the process in 2014 October and completed in 2017.